Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thanksgiving Week

I'm so glad there are only 3 days this week. Out of the 3 days, we'll be going on 2 field trips, so I'll hardly be teaching. After this week, there are only 3 weeks left until Christmas break. As I was thinking about it today, I realized that I needed to get cracking on the Christmas gifts.

For the past 3 years, I've had my students do 3 different projects for their parents' Christmas gifts: string art of a snowman, a puzzle wreath ornament, and a poinsettia plant for their gift envelope. I think I usually started it after Thanksgiving. I really should write these things down.

Along with the "fun" things, I wanted to have my students start on a PowerPoint presentation for Social Studies, which means I'll need to go into the lab quite often in the next 3 weeks. I wish I could have the kids work on the laptops, but like I mentioned before, I only have 10. Fortunately, they all have access to the wireless now b/c the tech guy came in a fixed the settings.

Hopefully I won't lose my head before the 19th.

2 comments:

damned_cat said...

ooh! where are you guys going??

fallen_star808 said...

We went to the Arizona Memorial and Battleship Missouri. Fun in the sun...I'm just about to blog about it.