Thursday, November 20, 2008

Tech Life

Today was the first time I've ever used laptops with my students. I thought I was being pretty smart going through all the LTs ahead of time to put the link of the Math website (Johnnie's Math Page) on to the Favorites. I even went through the website on each of the LTs to make sure it ran smoothly. Once we were able to get the LTs set up, 2 of the 9 LTs my students were using decided not to connect to the wireless. This caused a mini-commotion, but we were able to get everyone into pairs to work on the website. I thought the website was pretty useful because it helped my students see how to use a protractor (which is one of the benchmarks for my grade level). I let the students play the different angle games for 45 minutes or so and had them work on book work. The majority of them were able to apply what they had learned from the computer to the actual thing, which was good, but some had trouble drawing angles. We need to practice that more...I need to find more worksheets that require them to draw angles and measure them.

No comments: