Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Jerky Turkey

Tomorrow we have our school's Turkey Trot. It's basically a way to promote physical fitness among the students and promote collaboration and teamwork. Students have to pair up and come up with first and last name for their turkey (a turkey worksheet) and run around the campus to various stations. The previous school I'd been at hadn't done this, so I'm interested in seeing how they do.

We went to the computer lab this afternoon since the kids needed to finish their simple PowerPoint presentations about Thanksgiving. Some of their presentations came out really cute and I'm happy with how they turned out. What amazed me though was the number of students who didn't know how to close the program. I cannot understand how they wouldn't be able to do so without reminders...I'll have to get it into their heads eventually.

During artic today, my HTT mentioned that he may be moving to another grade level because we'll be getting a new teacher. Now, my boss has been saying she'd been trying to get someone new because our numbers are so heavy (all three of us on the grade level are at 31). We'll be able to give 8 of our students to the new teacher. I'm not sure if this is the truth or if things won't change. I admit I'm not happy with the amount of students I have or the amount of chatter that goes on, but overall, I like my students and I know that they've adjusted to the schedule and how I run things. However, change would be good...we'll see what happens.

1 comment:

damned_cat said...

that's a cute idea. for our trot, the kids just run around campus like turkeys without heads. before the run, they come up with time estimates for how long they think it will take them to do their # of laps. i want to suggest the worksheet thing for next year.