Sunday, February 22, 2009

Eureka!

I have a major problem with organization. You should see my desk at home. There are papers and textbooks scattered all over the place. I spent some time today cleaning up my desk and sorting my papers. I enjoy sorting the papers and arranging them into neat piles, but I don't enjoy sitting down and correcting them. I got through some spelling tests and math classwork today, so that was a plus. As I was grading the papers, I thought about how I need to record the scores in my gradebook and then I remembered one of my co-workers telling me about this gradebook online called engrade.com. I had told her that I would check it out since she said that it was easy to use and the kids could even access their accounts to check their progress. I finally logged on to today and let me tell you, I LOVE it! I created several different classes into the different math strands and all I need to do is input the grades and it calculates the scores for me. This will also help me keep track of who's turned in their assignments. I figure, hell, since I'm on the computer afterschool anyway, now I can just hop onto engrade and input the assignments on there instead of trying to search for my checklist (which is often buried under a crap of papers on my desk).

Hooray! Hopefully this will help make my life a little easier.

No comments: