Thursday, December 11, 2008

Rainy Day

Today's rain was the worst I've seen in a while. The sidewalk by my room was pretty much flooded by the time I arrived at school this morning. I was not a happy camper sloshing around in my slippers in the rain. Thank goodness I was wearing jeans.

I figured that not many students would come in today due to terrible traffic and weather. By the time I had to turn in my attendance, I had 17 present. My GLC calls me sounding extremely happy asking me how many students I had. I told her and she exclaimed, "I win! I only have 9." I couldn't believe it! I figured the majority of my kids would be there...after a while, I had 20 kids, so 11 were absent. I don't think I've ever had 11 kids absent since I've started teaching.

Having those 11 gone really made a difference, so I'm really looking forward to having 8 of my students removed to the new class. The classroom was just really different, even with my naughty ones present. I think it's just the amount of bodies in the room at one time. There was some noise today, but at least it was working noise.

I'm really looking forward to vacation. Hopefully tomorrow will go by quickly. Maybe it'll rain again....

1 comment:

damned_cat said...

hey there - i had planned to go this morning but didn't realize we had to be at our christmas lunch by 10. hope you went! see you monday!