Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Reflection

It's been a while since I've typed anything in this teaching blog. However, something happened today that I want to remember... I was out at track practice in the afternoon and I saw a bunch of older kids walking towards us. They looked familiar, but I didn't really stare at them since I was trying to focus on the kids running. The older kids ended up being some of my former students from the first year I taught fifth grade. One of them was JCL. He was my favorite kid...smart, personable, and funny. He tells me that he ran for president for his grade level and was voted in. I was so proud of him. He continued to say that he was getting good grades and going to school on time (he was always tardy with me). He kept calling me Miss, so I wanted to make sure he remembered my last name. LoL He did! Oh and he looked genuinely happy that I had gotten married. I hope that in the future, I'll have more kids who come up to me and say hello. I love hearing updates about students. Fortunately, I can still recognize the students for the most part. I know as time goes on, I may not remember names as much.

No comments: